Green Key certified
Wakeup Copenhagen has been certified with "Green Key". "Green Key" is the guest guaranteed to have chosen a hotel, which has taken a decision to respect the environment.
While maintaining a high level of comfort and service for our guests we will contribute to protect the environment and the natural resources by
- maintaining and developing reduction of our waste and pollution as well as reduction of our energy and water consumption to an acceptable level.
- using products having a low impact on the environment.
- prompting our suppliers to deliver services and products living up to our
- helping our guests in finding healthy and green activities during their stay in our hotels.
- discussing environmental questions and set future environmental goals in an open and positive dialogue with customers, staff, authorities, uppliers, organisations and other stakeholders.
Besides our commitment to the Arp Hansen environmental policy and Green Key criterias we do a lot of other activities aimed at improving our environment.
By the way, did you know that:
- Green sedum roofs (roof with planting)
- We have bicycles available for rent for all our guests (except Gentofte Hotel)
- We make an extra effort to help our guests find their way with public transportation or mapping green jogging routes close by.
- All our cleaning detergents as well as in-room soap/ shampoo are environmentally certified products.
- All our linen is washed by environmentally certified textile cleaners.
- Our restaurant are 100% smoke free.
- 90% of all our hotel rooms are smoke free.
- In all of our rooms we have installed water saving devices. The guests experience a soft and pleasant water flow but use only approximately half of normal consumption.
- We receive faxes and archive correspondence electronically instead of paper filing.
- We change light bulbs into low energy light bulbs wherever possible.
- A minimum of 5% of our food served is ecological.